Stopping a payment from bank

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

In a bit of a situation at the moment regarding a home office application for naturalisation my wife has made. Basically we miscalculated the dates for her qualifying period (she needs to have been present in the country three years ago to the date the application was made but she was abroad on holiday and we just realised after posting the application out on Friday gone!).

My question is, the fees for processing the application are not small (over £1k) and its non refundable. I am looking at the best way to stop the payment from leaving my account, does anyone have any suggestions?

So far I have contacted my bank and let them know but they said that there is no payment pending (the payment was written on an authorisation slip which got sent with the application so would need to be presented to the bank from UKVI I woudl have thought) so as there is nothing pending, they cannot cancel it. They cannot put a marker on it to stop payment either. Bank have suggested to dispute the payment if it goes through.

We contacted the home office, easier said than done, and they said we need to fill in a withdrawal of application form which we have done, and hope the payment doesnt get processed.

Application was sent RMSD and was received this morning, I'm hoping its in a pile of applications waiting to be processed but I want to make sure the payment isnt taken. I would appreciate any advice or help in this.

Thanks

Saf

If they wont put a marker on it ring and cancel card, should think that will stop any payments being taken.

@busterbenny2001 thanks a million mate! Seems so obvious now!! I've just cancelled the card so hopefully any payments now linked to that card shouldn't go through. Cheers once again :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom