1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stop my girlfriend buying a kitchen

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by DR.J, Mar 4, 2005.

1. DR.J

DR.J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ]Hi all
    urgent help needed. for a long time i have been reading and looking at all the photos of all your great HC and have trully got the hc bug. just so much to learn ive picked up some great info and tip from these fourms . the thing is my buget is getting smaller and smaller as time goes by. my girlfriend has now got the crazy idea we need a new kitchen (getting a very sore finger turning tv over every time a homebase half price sale advert comes on) this would spell disasteeeeeer :eek: for my HC so i have to buy somthing preety quick i have a buget of about £1500 to get a PJ and decient cabels i plan to project on to a white wall till can get a screen .have a dvd player and 5.1 already so just need pj and cabels i have narrowed it down to 2 the infocus 4805 and the panasonic ea 700 . a kind custumer of mine let me see his infocus but i think it was the model before the one above 480 i think. witch looked better than the poor demo i had at the sony shop. althought i thought the picture lacked a bit of puch picture a bit murky but he did say it was a lot better at night as he couldnt realy black out the room but i did not get eny headaches or see eny rainbows the only thing i did notice a stagger in the picture as a large object past close to the screen i dont no if the 4805 would sort this or whether this is a problem in most pj .the panasonic ea 700 i have only seen on paper and looks good very tweakable and it came out on top against the 4805 and a few others in a reicent review i read on this fourm but have read a few posts about the vertical banding issue .dont no what this is .i dont know how much the lay out of the room will play on whitch pj i go for . i plan to use my living room as my hc my surround speakers are already raggeld in to walls so cant be moved but could switch them around .good control of light black blinds plan to put black roller blind at back of blinds .spots in ceailing on a dimmer i hope to attach a lay out of room with this post and a few pics of the room to give a better idea of lay out . eny advice or eny thing i may not hve took in to consideration i would be verry greatfull .

Attached Files:

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,254
    Dr J - you may find more help in the DLP/LCD projector forum.
    You also need to press enter now and again - I had real trouble understanding what you've posted.

3. mhuk05

mhuk05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Second that.