1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stop me from making a mistake

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by choky101, May 25, 2005.

1. choky101

choky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i want to buy the bose am5 but i have read there are far better systems out there for the money, which ones??????????
    i really want to keep to a very small physical speaker size :clap:

2. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Bose stuff is overpriced. If you buy bose prepare to be ridiculed on these forums.

Get yourself to a decent hifi dealer and investigate stuff by KEF/B&W/mordant short genie/mission Mcube and a few others. if clutter is your main concern then I suggest you get a listen to the new YAMAHA YSP1 single speaker unit as this does away with the need for 5 speakers and sounds amazing given the fact it all comes from one source. It cost about £800 and really needs a sub to fill in the bottom end but I really thing a demo is worth it. Also try the Kef KIT100 system which attempts the same surround sound trick from 2 speakers and has a DVD player built in for just over £1100.

5 speaker compact packages such as KEF 2005.2 can be got for around £400

I really do feel you should go to a good Hifi dealer as you will no doubt have your prospective system for a number of years.

3. OneDesi

OneDesi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242

I recently bought some orbaudio mod1's from the states and they are better than Anthony Gallo A'Diva's for less than half the price (as confirmed by 2 stores I have take them into and compared).

Due to work issues I may end up selling the 2 mod 1's so you could try them and order the rest if you like them!

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    You could also consider the Monitor Audio Radius 45s, very good for their size. They are £80 each and the matching subwoofer is £350, so about £750 for a 5.1 package. I would maybe consider changing the subwoofer for something a bit better like the REL Quake which is the same price.

[​IMG]

Monitor Audio Radus 45

5. choky101

choky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much are you looking for the mod 1's ????

6. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    choky101 - have you actually listened to the Bose system or are you going off paper?

Bose tend to have a very distinctive sound and whilst you can get what most will consider 'better' for your money if you particularly like their audio style then you are unlikely to find better for you.

7. choky101

choky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just listened to my friends bose am6 system and i do like the sound but it is not as powerful as i thought.
    I do have ms 902's at the moment with 905 centre and 903's (rear) and this is a good sound but i'm moving to a smaller property and no longer want the rear's and centre.
    I might just keep my 902's and invest in a good sub as i have a crappy phillips one at the moment.