Stop-gap 43" TV (UK)

beerVan

Novice Member
Morning folks!

I've moved back to the UK and I'm in desperate need of a TV for the next 12-18 months. Constraints - it needs to be 43" or less as I want to give it to my parents when I'm done with it - anything bigger than 43" won't fit in their living room! Otherwise, I'd be all over the LG CX 48"... 🤤

I'm not a big TV person and I'm getting confused/overwhelmed by the sheer amount of models and variants on offer.

My main requirements are something that would work well in a fairly bright room, do my PS5 some justice (not expecting 120FPS or full HDR) and ideally 3 HDMI ports. Smart TV/remote functionality isn't a deal-breaker as I'll be running my media through the PS5.

I'm currently looking at these three models. I'm happy to spend a little more if it is worth the investment though!

Samsung UE43AU7100
LG 43UP75006LF
LG 43UN73006LC

Cheers!

jasonht

theres also some options on prime day deals, philips 8545 and AU8000 AU9000 from samsung. Hovering over some ideas there. waiting for the experts to chime in :)

vickster

Distinguished Member
Did you check the guide (2020 models, 2021s are yet recommended due to high pricing at recent release)

jasonht

saw that, going by that - is the Philips above worth it? im split between PUS8545 for £400 or Samsung AU8000 for £450.

beerVan

Novice Member
Thanks for posting those guides. I had a read of them last night!

Sadly I got tired of looking at TVs so I grabbed the discounted 2020 Sony model from Costco - hopefully it does the job.

vickster

Distinguished Member
It will, just not for HDR (like any small screen)

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom