Stop Eating Fish

N

nikyzf

I enjoy meat. So do many others.
Yes, obviously, but we can't always have what we want without paying a price. Let's say that your favourite meat was from an endangered animal. Would you carry on eating it until the last one was gone?

Do you care about how meat is reared?

pjclark1

Novice Member
The Oceans truly are in danger though. Rises in temperature, global dimming, coastal pollution can all have a dramatic effect on the very bottom of the marine food chain - PHYTOPLANKTON.
I was doing some reading on how general supplies of zooplankton (fed by phytoplankton) have diminished in areas around the world which has in turn led to a reduction in fish and other higher species.
If the fish are all going to die from pollution anyway, we might as well eat them as fast as possible.
At least they will have had a useful existence!

I don't think anyone has mentioned vegetarianism yet. Why not? The consumption of animals on the scale we do has huge knock-on effects throughout the environment, from the production of food for animals to the disposal of effluent from factory farms.
Good idea, lets get rid of all the sheep, pigs and cows, keep a few for the zoos (along with some fish), we don't really need them anymore either.

Corey USA

Novice Member
If the fish are all going to die from pollution anyway, we might as well eat them as fast as possible.
At least they will have had a useful existence!

Good idea, lets get rid of all the sheep, pigs and cows, keep a few for the zoos (along with some fish), we don't really need them anymore either.
Actually if we were to correct our pollution and over consumption, our fish supply could recover.(It won't be exactly the same though) That is what Conservation is about.

Corey USA

Novice Member
Quote Loz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
Plenty of non fish based sources of Omega 3 http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...ing/omega3.htm

The Oceans truly are in danger though. Rises in temperature, global dimming, coastal pollution can all have a dramatic effect on the very bottom of the marine food chain - PHYTOPLANKTON.

which is also the course of half the worlds oxygen
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...oplankton.html

Just to let you know I actually went into detail about "omega 3" from the wikepedia in another forum I spent my energy there on the issue.
"Sustainabilityforums.com" I also was pointing out the importance of diversity of source, when dealing on a planetary scale.

Response to above Quote. It isn't just the chemical pollution such as herbicides that is killing the base of the food chain. It is also the C02 we been putting out which has been acidifying our oceans on a grander scale than our chemical pollution. The supreme courts in the USA has deemed "Co2 put in to the air from our burning of oil and fossil fuels" is a pollutant.

I have also started a thread here regarding the acidification and Co2.

Corey USA

Novice Member
Yes, obviously, but we can't always have what we want without paying a price. Let's say that your favourite meat was from an endangered animal. Would you carry on eating it until the last one was gone?

Do you care about how meat is reared?
Maybe it is a result of "disconnect" from the food source that is the problem. When someone who actually witnesses it first hand their perspectives change a bit.

I fished a lot before and had to clean my own fish, never cared for the process. So I limited the amount I ate as a result. Besides all the heavy metals were also a factor for eating only a little bit.

Yet, if I buy it at the store, I become disconnected from the processes that are involved and tend to over eat that particular source of meat or food in general.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom