Stone Temple Pilots ,free new single ..

Steve Kelly

cheers!

not too hot on this one, sounds like 80s cheese-rock to me!
LOVED their old grungier stuff though!

mjn

Distinguished Member
They've let Scott Weiland out of rehab again? :D

KungFuPro

They've got rid of Scott Weiland, the bloke from Linkin Park is singing for them now. Never got into Linkin Park but he's a good singer, not sure if he will suit their older material but it will be interesting to hear.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Just reading on Wiki, that Weiland still thinks he's the lead singer!

Toasty

Distinguished Member
I've heard a bit of stone temple pilots live with Chester singing, sounds like he can't decide whether he's singing the grungier voice or his nicer Linkin park melodies as he flits between the two, possibly unconsciously. Must admit its nice to hear their riffs again, will certainly keep an eye on what they do next.

mjn

Distinguished Member
great vocalist though
Really?

Last time i heard him live, his voice was crap, and i've always thought it was thin. According to wiki his poor voice was one of the reasons he was given the boot.

Last edited:

mjn

Distinguished Member

KungFuPro

Look if some dick from alter bridge can mimic a whole album live , Chester will be fine :D
You mean Myles Kennedy covering GnR with Slash? He's alright with Alter Bridge but his GnR covers sound weak.
I'd prefer fergie myself :D, her cover of Heart's Barracuda is alright.

Really?

Last time i heard him live, his voice was crap, and i've always thought it was thin. According to wiki his poor voice was one of the reasons he was given the boot.
Seen him with Velvet Revolver a few years ago and he sounded really good, the whole band were great, but if Wiki says he has a poor voice then it must be true.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Seen him with Velvet Revolver a few years ago and he sounded really good, the whole band were great, but if Wiki says he has a poor voice then it must be true.
Saw him 3 times with VR, with the 3rd time being their last/farewell tour, and Weiland was so not interested, he might as well've just phoned it in.

Very poor.

Wiki doesn't say he has a poor voice, it says he got the boot for having a poor voice.

KungFuPro

The guy likes his drugs and booze, if he makes it on stage and can make a few noises then it's a bonus :D. I was only having a laugh about wiki, but I wouldn't say he has a poor voice. He's recorded some great tracks with both bands, and when he's on form he sounds great, if it weren't for his drug & drink addictions he might still be in one or both bands.

He's not the first singer to get the boot from being out of it all the time and delivering poor performances, Paul Dianno from Iron Maiden springs to mind, I must have seen VR when he was having a dry night.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom