Stone Bed and Round Stairs

existent

What do you guys think of these shots? I need some opinions on how do they look and what can be done to improve them...

I did a bit of post processing on the colors and cropped the last one to remove some random stuff.

1a

1b

2a

2b - cropped to remove some unwanted items

T0MAT01

Novice Member
I can't say I'm a huge fan of the first shot, as the main subject is hidden in shadow and there isn't very much tonal range throughout the scene. Maybe if you'd waited until later in the day so that the sun had come around and lit it better it would've helped.

2a on the other hand is a great shot IMO, really well composed and exposed. :smashin:

denno75uk

I really like 1a. I think you placed the bed well in the frame (though IMO it could have worked lower too) and I think the low saturation colour job has worked very nicely indeed. Works for me anyway. I think the only (minor) negative for me is the horizon extreme right. The headland interferes a little with the otherwise very minimalist feel of the photo.
2b is much better for the crop and again, is a very solid composition. The exposure is tops too.

Antpink

Novice Member
The bed/beach shot not too interesting but the stairs are excellent. Would have gone for a different crop though, something more like the attached.

Attachments

• Stairs recropped.jpg
    Stairs recropped.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 931

existent

Thanks for the comments everyone! :thumbsup:

Regarding first shot:

I wanted to have it a bit like b&w to point out the isolation in the picture... or something like that :D

Also this was the most suitable bed. All the others had more clutter in the background. I had to wait the people on it to leave for 45 minutes :D

Second shot:

I did my best to compose this shot but couldn't do it on a better angle because it was behind a locked door (like a jail door). I wish I could have taken a bit more from the right side to avoid the wall :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom