Stolen Arcam DV88 Alert!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matt Horne, Jul 25, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Yes.. After my battles with this player.. and them having a nice working top machine...

A #%7$£"$%^ broke into my house on Monday and stole it (along with a laptop and CD Burner).

Luckily he dropped the remote on the wayout so that most of the machines functionaluty ar e un-usable. (Also the Laptop was bios protected - so hopefully it is also useless)

So if anyone gets offered a black DV88 in the South London area let me know here (you never know....)

Once I have got the insurance money.. (how do I explain the price of the player going up?) Do I buy another DV88.. or maybe a FMJ or something else?? Opinions please.. is there anything else on the market to match it ?

Cheers

Matt

2. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune Matt, after all the grief you went through with the player too. I know how ****ed I would be if someone burgled me, that's even if they didn't take the DVD player!!

I have no advice on anything better, just wanted to pass on my sympathies, there are some scumm bags in this world. Still more than happy with my DV88 and can't bear to think of any better ones after spending all that cash, lol.

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Matt: If the insurance company won't pay up the full £1k, then I'm sure your AV dealer can supply a quote which you can send to the insurance people to sort them out.

Failing that working, your dealer may sell you a new one for £899 if they're nice.

I know what it's like having a DV88 nicked, we lost ours at work some time back now.