Stock Shortages?

UnGreat

Is it true shops are having trouble with stock, just my brother was hoping to pick one up next week as a last minute gift.

I'm in the North-East if anyone knows of any shops with plenty of DS lite's in stock.

Sonic67

Banned
Play.com seems to be sold out.

UnGreat

Play.com - Out of Stock
Argos - Out of Stock
Currys - Out of Stock
PCWorld - Out of Stock

Maybe try phoning Gamestation and Grainger in Newcastle but I don't hold out much hope. This was a fall-back gift as I knew Wii's would be out of stock, didn't expect the DS's to be the same. :suicide:

D

Deleted member 65413

World has gone nutts for the DS. Japan sold 306,000 last week alone.

INSOMANiAC

Banned
When I first joined the forums a few months ago EVERYONE was flogging DS games, got some real bargains. Now take a look...... NOONE is selling anything (managed to get yoshis island for 17.50 yesterday but thats it)

UnGreat

Bit of an arse because this was the supposed to be the "safety" gift. The one I thought I could buy at the last minute and not have to worry about shortages.

From what i've read and seen on various sites it seems like it would be easier finding a place selling Wii's.

That is just :censored: crazy.

Sonic67

Banned
I bought one of these in the summer no problem. Suddenly it's a Christmas must-have gift. Maybe it's the lack of a PS3 and the hard to get hold of Wii that has caused this.

igk101

Costco, my normal fallback option for white ones, had sold out this week.
Gamestation sold the last pink one also this week, after I'd reserved one for my friend's sister. According to the manager at the shop, they were only selling what they had left as part of a 'buy with 2 games + accessories' bundle for £160, as they had punters coming in trying buy all the stock they had to flog on eBay.
Must say I'm impressed with the amount it's sold, given it's not really the hot new thing like the Wii, and up until a couple of weeks ago you could get one anywhere....

igk101

Also available at argos this morning.
I bagged a pink one for my daughter.

Not in Essex they aren't! Argos website out of stock for home delivery and none of the stores in the area have any stock either.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
When I first joined the forums a few months ago EVERYONE was flogging DS games, got some real bargains. Now take a look...... NOONE is selling anything (managed to get yoshis island for 17.50 yesterday but thats it)

I agree, I've been looking to pick up some bargains recently and found nought. :(

UnGreat

Managed to get one today from Gamestation in Newcastle, Argos also had a white DS available to collect at the Jesmond viking centre shop (according to the website).

Guy at Gamestation said the store in West Denton (also in the North East) had a few in stock also.

:arty:

play have pink ds's in stock

INSOMANiAC

Banned
The Ebay bubble will burst very quickly. theres a lot on there for double the money but are they selling?

igk101

I think if you have some now and can get them to the punters in time for Xmas then you're likely to do well with eBay.
Ordering from somewhere like play.com now then hoping to get stock in time to then deliver on before Xmas is cutting it very fine, and I imagine the bids on eBay won't be at panic levels once Xmas passes...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series