1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock NW-HD5 stock earbuds vs. Shure E2c - HUGE difference?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by recsnmisc, Jun 20, 2005.

1. recsnmisc

recsnmisc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony NW-HD5 stock earbuds vs. Shure E2c - HUGE difference?

...well, will there be a clearly noticeable difference in sound quality? I'm thinking of getting the Shure E2c ones but I wont spend any more money right now if there wouldnt be a considerable improvement. I'm not an audiophile in any way but, will I be able to notice a clear difference? Could you try and quantify the sound quality gap betwen the two headphones? Is it worth spending the money?
    Are there any other similar in-ear isolating earphones you would recommend?
    Thanks you.

2. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the shures are good but quite expensive at a minimum of £55 from ebay. The sound quality is good and the build quality is fantastic, the cons are that they are a bit fiddly to put it and some people find it difficult to get the right fit. A lower budget option is to try the sony ex71 which are lighter although more fragile, give a greater bass response and can be picked up for about £20. Personally i dont think there is a good enough difference to justify the shure e2c because of the although on build quality it makes up for it.

I think whatever in ear phones you get you will see a marked changed in the listening to the standard phonotopia type earphones from sony which i assume is the kind supplied with the hd models

3. engaged

engaged
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What utter ********, Lukey - since when are e2c's a "minimum of £55 from ebay"..?

Shure E2c's for £28.25 on eBay

Get them from the above vendor, wind130, and they should arrive within four days (mine did) and you shouldn't have to pay (I didn't) duty - he'll refund it if you do have to.

I can't comment on how they compare with the Sony 'phones, but I can say how pleased I am with mine. Very efficient at blocking out noise; probably better for your ears as you can subsequently turn the volume down.

4. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Engaged you need to chill..whats with the hostile response....When I bought my E2c's a couple of months ago from Ebay the cheapest i could get them was for £55 (albeit from a UK seller)..me thinks you need some lessons in etiquette my friend :suicide:

your link on ebay makes the cost £41 including delivery!! and not £28.25 :rolleyes:

5. recsnmisc

recsnmisc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do the shure e2c's come with the "standard" (bigger) 3.5 mm stereo plug or the "mini type" plug? Thanks.

6. engaged

engaged
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sensitive soul, aren't we? Didn't mean to be hostile, just mildly sarcy; but methinks you need to do some research before making misleading posts.

Fair point on the delivery charges, though - didn't go that far. I paid £39.50 for the 'phones, £4.95 delivery and £2.50 insurance back in March - guess that the seller is making up for the exchange rate by upping delivery charges?

recsnmisc - 'standard' 3.5mm