Stock Market call - Guru gets it wrong!!

cunny678

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American investment guru "cramer" calls the bottom of the stock market on his CNBC money show in July:eek:

He's not your normal quiet Warren Buffet type as you can see from the clip:-

http://www.cnbc.com/id/25947929

Long video but entertaining and just shows how wrong some so called experts can be! Wonder if he is still in a job!!!

PS. you need to press play again once the short add has finished!

Lots of talk about bull.

I have got so cynical now that every time I hear someone talking the market up or down I just assume that they have already placed their bets and are doing their very best to make things move their way.
Someone somewhere is making a fortune out of all this (and it ain't me!)

It's impossible to call the bottom of the market. Just as it's impossible to call the top.
People just need to be reminded that when the media say is now a good time to invest, that the market will normally have already risen by a good 20%.
I am not saying that now is a good time to invest, but that many shares do seem to be at very attractive historical valuations.
My gut feeling is that in 5-10 years time, people will be looking at this period as a time when they should have been buying.
If I am wrong, I suspect that society and the world will be far different to what we are used to. It is of course possible that our markets will mirror Japan's - the Nikkei was at 39,000 many years ago, and is now well under 10,000.
If this is replicated around the Western world, we really could be in doggy doo street for quite a long time, with very large pension and social consequences.

Phil

Another video of this chap, begging for a rate cut for wall street back in August.

YouTube - Cramer: Bernanke, Wake Up

Didn't help of course. And now they've just given another emergency one. Welcome to economic Armageddon. :rolleyes:

I am not saying that now is a good time to invest, but that many shares do seem to be at very attractive historical valuations.
My gut feeling is that in 5-10 years time, people will be looking at this period as a time when they should have been buying.Phil

Agreed! I think that buying into a collective share based investment as opposed to shares in a single company should yield good returns compared to deposits over the next 5 to 10 years.

I personally also think that in 5 years time it will be the so called BRIC economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China) that will have provided the best returns as the potential growth in those economies is huge!!

I personally also think that in 5 years time it will be the so called BRIC economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China) that will have provided the best returns as the potential growth in those economies is huge!!

True, but the risks are huge too. There has been a lot of talk recently of China over-heating and while it is an enormous economy with a huge cash mountain, just how much does China's health depend on exports to the west? Its conceivable that China could implode.
Brazil and Russia have problems with crime and politics, coupled with enormous wealth/potential wealth via oil and India, well who knows?
Interesting times for investors!

True, but the risks are huge too. There has been a lot of talk recently of China over-heating and while it is an enormous economy with a huge cash mountain, just how much does China's health depend on exports to the west? Its conceivable that China could implode.
Brazil and Russia have problems with crime and politics, coupled with enormous wealth/potential wealth via oil and India, well who knows?
Interesting times for investors!

Its timing thats important and thats all but impossible to get right! So although I still think these will proably be the best performers you would need to invest on a regular monthly basis rather than a lump sum to reduce risk to a more acceptable level!!

Certainly for growth I think they will all overtake us within the next few years!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom