1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stingray - Region 2 Problems

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Apr 9, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Well, it seems this set of 5 discs has arrived with several problems. For those of you who own any of them, here's what I have found out so far:-

Disc 1) A lot of players dislike this disc, and many can't get past the Copyright/Disclaimer or Main Menu screens.

Disc 4) Some copies of this disc won't play properly. Either the disc spins incessantly and freezes part-way through whatever section or episode you are watching, or else it stops and refuses to play at all.

Disc 5) On my copy, I can't use access the 18 still-pictures showing the Behind-The-Scenes stuff. I get to picture three, and then the disc spins, freezes, and stops or else it gets to picture 18, and then spins non-stop, at which point all buttons on the player and handset become useless, and you are forced to use the eject button to get the disc out of your player.

If anyone has any queries, contact the Carlton Video Customer Services department on 0208-207-6207 (during office hours) and explain the situation to them. More than likely, they will ask you to send your faulty disc(s) back, and they will send you out a new, and hopefully fully-working replacement DVD.

Pooch

P.S. Don't forget to specify a) what player you are using, b) if it's been "chipped" and c) if you have the single DVD release or one of the Box-Set discs (there's different packaging, you see!). This will speed up any problems/replacements. Cheers!

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Well, I must've had a dodgy set, as I got a replacement set today, and all discs work fine now!

Pooch