1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stills pics on a dv cam

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mattconfused, Jul 16, 2002.

1. mattconfused

mattconfused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can i save stills mpeg or otherwise whilst editing on my pc? and if so, what's the point in getting a cam with dv stills facility?

2. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my JVC GR-DV2000u there are several methods used to save stills. None of these compair to a decient dedicated still camera.
    Video mode (most camcorders without a memory card that record stills can use this mode only) records a 6 second still to tape, you get good motion free stills but at screen resolution (640 X 480 Pixels Horizontal X Vertical).
    When memory chip is used modes are VGA (640 X 48), XGA (1024 X 768) & UXGA (1600 X 1200).
    You can download any frame but due to motion you may have to try several frames close together & pick the best one.
    Drafter

3. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    My last Sony non stills memory stick facility cam was no where near as good at still quality compared to my present Panasonic GX7 SD card,1280 x 968 resolution stills cam.

So a dedicated stills memory store cam facility is better.