1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still struggling with hitachi tx100, Help please!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by danjos, Jun 17, 2004.

1. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok ive had the tx100 for a week or so and ive watched a few films and racked up 10hrs lamp time.
    I have set the tx100 as best as i can, avia on its way, colours look quite good so far, but my problem is still shadow detail: There isnt any !

I watched mystic river yesterday and ended up watching the last hour or more on my TV ! There was no ambient light in the room at all, as dark as it could get, 11pm curtains closed all lights off, and yet for many scenes i was watching a grey rectangle with faces floating about in it! when i switched to my TV these same scenes were entire rooms full of detail, not even all that dark.

This is my first projector, but i do have some idea of how to set things up, and believe me i have tried tweaking most things, but even straight out of the box i wouldnt expect the picture to look this bad :(

So, could it be that i have a faulty projector/lamp ?

I must add that even light daylight scenes appear 'overcast' and a bit gloomy. Whites still shine out fairly brightly though. Im worried that unless AVIA makes a HUGE difference to the picture then its still going to be fairly unwatchable.

Also, during the first hour of usage there was a fairly loud 'clack' noise from the projector and the picture did seem to get darker. it didnt bother me at the time because i was still excitedly settign everything up, this sound familiar to anyone?

Any help/isuggestions would be appreciated, im very close to trying for a refund and giving up. :(

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If possible you should find a local dealer who can demo the same PJ & perhaps take along your DVD player for comparison purposes.

It does sound like there may be a problem with your unit if the picture was unwatchable though :(

Best of luck with it.

3. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks kramer. What do you think caused the 'clack' noise i heard and subsequent dimming (albeit slight) of the picture ?

Right now im hoping it is faulty :)

4. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    lol

Swapped out the dvd player.

Now the tx100 looks great !

i jumped the gun a bit thinking it was the hitachi. oh well, problem solved.

5. spondle

spondle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so what DVD player are you playing through it? any chance of screenshots?

6. equaliser

equaliser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh Danjos some screen shots would be great!!!!!!!!

Also how far from the screen have you got it and what size pic have you got?

cheers
    EQ