• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Still Searching? Me too, my plan.....

M

mobileadam

So like most people here I have been searching for a Wii since launch. It appears now my HMV pre-order won't appear until after Christmas so I like the challenge of trying to obtain one via some other source. Like most others here, it does get rather annoying that we seem to "just" miss out. It appears that there either lots of hardcore people like us trawling the same shops or some lucky casual shoppers who just seem to be able to pick one up as they pass their local shop.

Like many others I tried on ebuyer and even got to enter my CC details but it then crashed. My local Game store had six due in stock yesterday but I couldn't get away from work to get one. So with only 2 days left for me before Christmas my strategy is as follows:

Try Game (they got stock in on Tuesday and one helpful manager told me maybe again on Thursday - which matches with my experience this morning in that none of the branches I contacted had any deliveries due....) So come tomorrow morning I will be calling 10 Game branches with the small hope of them getting some stock. Failing that then I will just wait until next year and I can get over this obsession and do some actual work.......

Are there many people left in my position still searching?????

E

EmmaW

yes!!! im desperately searching and as it is a present for my boyfriend i HAVE to have it by xmas or the poor bugger will have nothing to open on xmas morning! i thik by tonight i will just have to give in and get one off ebay

dpstjp

Since my stitch up by ebuyer, yes. Given that no-one has replied to my post on their forum it looks like i'm the only confirmed order at ebuyer who hasn't managed to get delivery.

I feel a bit like the guy at the party with the dreadful BO who no-one wants to talk to... :censored:

SimonBalaam

Standard Member
So like most people here I have been searching for a Wii since launch. It appears now my HMV pre-order won't appear until after Christmas so I like the challenge of trying to obtain one via some other source. Like most others here, it does get rather annoying that we seem to "just" miss out. It appears that there either lots of hardcore people like us trawling the same shops or some lucky casual shoppers who just seem to be able to pick one up as they pass their local shop.

Like many others I tried on ebuyer and even got to enter my CC details but it then crashed. My local Game store had six due in stock yesterday but I couldn't get away from work to get one. So with only 2 days left for me before Christmas my strategy is as follows:

Try Game (they got stock in on Tuesday and one helpful manager told me maybe again on Thursday - which matches with my experience this morning in that none of the branches I contacted had any deliveries due....) So come tomorrow morning I will be calling 10 Game branches with the small hope of them getting some stock. Failing that then I will just wait until next year and I can get over this obsession and do some actual work.......

Are there many people left in my position still searching?????

This is basically what i did this morning and was lucky enough to have a relative in the area of the one shop out of the 9 in several different towns i called. It was also the only one out of the 9 that had any stock :thumbsup:

M

mobileadam

yes!!! im desperately searching and as it is a present for my boyfriend i HAVE to have it by xmas or the poor bugger will have nothing to open on xmas morning! i thik by tonight i will just have to give in and get one off ebay

I refuse to use Ebay. If it was on my Xmas list and I knew what a demand there was I would be happy to wait until Christmas since with the cash you spend on Ebay who could if a few weeks pick up some extra games.

I am sure you can think of "something" else he can unwrap on xmas morning.

M

mobileadam

Since my stitch up by ebuyer, yes. Given that no-one has replied to my post on their forum it looks like i'm the only confirmed order at ebuyer who hasn't managed to get delivery.

I feel a bit like the guy at the party with the dreadful BO who no-one wants to talk to... :censored:

Join us here................

Although I was keen to get one from Ebuyer I would rather have the statisfaction of getting one in a shop on my terms without the restricted bundle bits. So just hoping.................

Rick1486

Standard Member
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I'm with you there mate, what a luck s** he'll be!!

M

mobileadam

This is basically what i did this morning and was lucky enough to have a relative in the area of the one shop out of the 9 in several different towns i called. It was also the only one out of the 9 that had any stock :thumbsup:

Go away we don't want you here.......... :D

Only joking. Well done in securing that console. Like many others have said the thrill is in the chase. My boss (who managed to secure one from Game by walking off the street) keeps showing me his "skills" on WiiSports - although he has yet to beat me at Tennis!!!!

I do hate the way the obsession takes over you life though - or is it just me?

SimonBalaam

Standard Member
My wife got completely fed up with me over the last few days since she told me she was trying to get me one for chrimbo and since then i have been trawling everywhere to try and get one and wont shut up about it, lol. I was really chuffed when i got news of it being bought today :D i feel like a little kid especially as this is the only console i have ever wanted.

M

mobileadam

My wife got completely fed up with me over the last few days since she told me she was trying to get me one for chrimbo and since then i have been trawling everywhere to try and get one and wont shut up about it, lol. I was really chuffed when i got news of it being bought today :D i feel like a little kid especially as this is the only console i have ever wanted.

Only two more days for me then I can forget about the damn thing until next year sometime.

E

EmmaW

Ive had at least the last year of listening to my boyfriend going on about how much he wants a Wii and i know he will be so disaponted if he doesnt get one! no shops round here seem to have any at any time though! ive been calling up at least 10 shops every single morning and each time am told not a chance! i cant believe it can be so hard to get hold of one of these!

cHk4

Banned
my problem I dont get paid till friday, I dont know how much I will be getting paid or any thing so cant even reserve one incase I cant afford it :(

I got my 360 premium a year ago today, at the time I worked a few doors down from game and the guys in there loved me so they had one behind the counter one of them came up I was with a customer he quickly said to me, we got 2 premiums in mate, dont worry though finish up with your customer we got it saved for you :D

I said to the customer im very sorry but its an emergency I have to go, steven will see you. Steven and the customer looked very confused as I sprinted out the shop!

But I got one :D No such luck with the Wii though :thumbsdow

M

mobileadam

Ive had at least the last year of listening to my boyfriend going on about how much he wants a Wii and i know he will be so disaponted if he doesnt get one! no shops round here seem to have any at any time though! ive been calling up at least 10 shops every single morning and each time am told not a chance! i cant believe it can be so hard to get hold of one of these!

It sure is tough. I could say why didn't you pre-order but it appears even that hasn't been successful for everyone it really does come to getting lucky since you and others have been really "willing to do the work" in trying to locate one.

There is still hope for tomorrow - I would guess that the distributor wouldn't supply Game stores everyday but if they received some Tuesday (which my research has shown) then Thursday has better prospects than today - fingers crossed.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom