Still Pics on Panasonic DMRE-500

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JeffHNZ, Apr 13, 2005.

1. JeffHNZ

JeffHNZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 500 is going to be my first recorder, and I have had some feedback from Panasonic.

They confirmed that I should be able to copy a DVD-R back to the HDD and add bits and then write to another disc.

However they have said that I can't play CD's with JPEGS and therefore will not be able to copy them to the HDD. Is this correct??

Can I get around this by writing the files to DVD-R first via a PC? Will I then be able to copy them to the HDD? The only other thing is the pics are in sub folders with names such as Melbourne/ Melbourne Zoo etc. Is this going to cause a problem?

I just want an easy way on taking my pics from my Olympus 770 or from my current storage medium (CD) to DVD. I want to be able to store them, play them and have them organised in folders with meaninigful names for easy reference.

Having to transfer them back to SD Card is an option but not a great one, especially if I am unable to put them into folders with meaningful names.

Help Please!

2. Steve N

Steve N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,831
    bump