Still not received router

Discussion in 'Sky Broadband' started by gers1978, Sep 14, 2007.

1. gers1978

gers1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    My sister ordered the 3 for £30 See, Surf, Speak thingy a couple of weeks ago.

The Sky+ got installed as planned a week later, and she soon after got notice that her broadband was active.

But no sign of the router. I phoned on Monday this week and Sky said there'd been a problem with a postal strike and Parcel Force were having to re-send them all "manually", and she should have it by late/end this week, and phone back today (Friday) if not. No router today, so when she phoned they said "We have a policy of not sending routers out until AFTER activation, and that she should have it today, tomorrow, or Monday.

Are they fobbing me off?

2. wogsy

wogsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the exact same problem.. (Im now hotspotting:thumbsup: using my neighbours signal to check some things out)

My activation date was the 11th, and it came on. (I have a bt voyager router and the dsl light is on, so I know there is broadband there)

Phoned them up on the 14th asking where the hell my router was and they said that the parcel force website said it was awaiting delivery. That they would give it another day and if I still haven't recieved it, they would cancel that one and send me out another..
    And yes, Im still bloody wating:mad:

Im expecting mine tomorrow or monday at the latest.
    If it dont come monday then Im going to be very peeved..
    Let us know if you get yours mate:)

3. blisteringblue

blisteringblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    No help to you but mine arrived this morning ready for my activation tomorrow.

Sky can get it right when then choose too. Assuming my line does activate tomorrow ;)

I'm led to believe they had some router backlog problems in August / September according to skyuser.co.uk