Still no DTS on my updated 1st Gen Sonos Beam?

Eddie98

Novice Member
Hi

I’m a new member to these forums and there seems to be a thriving discussion about soundbars, so I hope you can help.

I still can’t get my Gen 1 Sonos Beam to output DTS since the S2 app update to 13.4.1, which was meant to rectify the issue.

According to the app screen the Beam still plays all my DTS blu rays as PCM Stereo despite the disc player’s audio setting being set to Auto rather than PCM.

Any DD5.1 soundtracks played through it show correctly on the S2 app screen. I have checked this using DVDs on the disc player, broadcast tv (freeview and VirginMedia) and streaming apps through the TV and via an Amazon Fire Stick (which is plugged into the same HDMI used by the Blu ray player).

The S2 app says the system is up to date. The app version is 13.4.1

The Blu Ray player is a Sony BDP-S370 from 2010 and it would happily output DTS soundtracks from my Blu ray collection when I used to own an Onkyo 5.1 system, which the Beam replaced.

The TV is a Sony Bravia KD49XG8305 from 2019.

Anyone with any ideas? Have I missed something?

mac74

I have to same problem with the beam 2, no DTS just pcm stereo? LG CX & Panasonic ub820?
I know LG do not support DTS, but there is another hdmi audio out socket on the disc player, and still nothing?

Eddie98

Novice Member
I have to same problem with the beam 2, no DTS just pcm stereo? LG CX & Panasonic ub820?
I know LG do not support DTS, but there is another hdmi audio out socket on the disc player, and still nothing?
I’m sorry to hear that.

I’ve managed to fix my issue just now. I changed the Blu Ray player’s “BD Audio Mix” setting from On to Off and it is now outputting DTS5.1 to the Beam.

Not sure if I should have known that or not?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom