Still no certified Ultra High Speed HDMI Cables?

Interesting that they rearrange the word salad when they want to use the '®' mark and even then they cannot claim any form of HDMI.org 'certification' due to the cable not requiring external power; SlimRun™ AV Dynamic HDR Ultra 8K High Speed HDMI®

We find Fibre to be more troublesome than Hybrid Fibre and stick with the RuiPro4K hybrid cables.

Ideally you can undertake a decent test over an extender period of time before you have to 'install' the cable and as ever ensure it is easy to replace whichever cable you go with.

Joe

Interesting that they rearrange the word salad when they want to use the '®' mark and even then they cannot claim any form of HDMI.org 'certification' due to the cable not requiring external power; SlimRun™ AV Dynamic HDR Ultra 8K High Speed HDMI®

We find Fibre to be more troublesome than Hybrid Fibre and stick with the RuiPro4K hybrid cables.

Ideally you can undertake a decent test over an extender period of time before you have to 'install' the cable and as ever ensure it is easy to replace whichever cable you go with.

Joe

Thanks for the reply Joe so for my use case which cable would you recommend I try?

Still checking if any are available yet?

Last edited:
Club 3D CAC-1372 Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable 10K 120Hz Black Amazon product ASIN B07H5Y5N55
If the cable is marketed as Ultra High Speed HDMI, lists which of the HDMI 2.1 options sets it has been tested for, and comes with a QR label on the packaging (that you can scan/confirm the cable inside) then that's all you need to know. They are finally becoming available. The only drawback is that they are passive, which makes them stiff due to the wire gauge and they are limited to a maximum length of 15' (3m). Zeskit and Belkin are also marketing UHS HDMI cables but are waiting to get the QR labels from HDMI LA. AudioQuest is also supposed to have one as well but I'm not a fan of AudioQuest anything.

AudioQuest Pearl 48 and Forrest 48 are the first cables to achieve HDMI 2.1 LLC ultra high speed certification.

Yep. Zeskit, Belkin, and AudioQuest all have passive cables now (or very soon) that are Ultra High Speed HDMI with the QR label of authenticity. I'm not an AudioQuest fan so I'd rather go with Zeskit or Belkin.

Vincent Teoh just mentioned in the latest video he now has a certified Ultra High Speed cable from Zeskit

unfortunately the link he provides to it doesn't seem to work

Amazon US has been selling the Zeskit UHS HDMI cables but they didn't have the QR label on the packaging because they hadn't received them yet from HDMI LA. Zeskit received the labels about 2 weeks ago and is now affixing them to the packaging. However, Amazon still has the unlabeled packaging in inventory so they will be randomly sending them out until the unlabeled inventory is depleted and all they have is the QR labeled packaging. The cables are the same though. Passive cables with a maximum cable length of 5m (15' or so).

no sign of the zeskit cable in any UK store as of yet.
you can find the cable in the amazon UK site, but it's a link to the product in the US global store.

no sign of the zeskit cable in any UK store as of yet.
you can find the cable in the amazon UK site, but it's a link to the product in the US global store.
Have you contacted Zeskit about UK distribution?

yes i have, no response as of yet.

I'm sure UHS HDMI cables will eventually appear over there. I have a contact with them so I'll ask.

@chenks I heard from Zeskit yesterday and they are in negotiations with Amazon UK to sell their cables. They are in the account verification stage so it may take a few more weeks to get it setup and stocked. Amazon US has both cables, ones with the QR label and ones without. However, both cables are exactly the same. Its just that Amazon will randomly distribute the cables until their inventory of un-labeled cables is depleted. I don't know if that will affect Amazon UK or not.

Ruipro also offers a UHS HDMI cable with the QR label. Zeskit told me this morning that Amazon UK has slowed down a bit in setting up accounts due to CV-19, so hang in there.

It claims to be certified and supposedly has the QR label of authenticity on the packaging. It's also passive and within the 16' (5m) cable length so all you can do is try. Do scan the QR label though because there are some counterfeits out there. Pay attention to the return policy and be mindful that the cable will be stiff so you want to be extra careful not to bend it to sharply or put any undue strain on the HDMI ports. No cable has a 100% guarantee that it will work with all devices and setups.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom