Still lovin' the 70-200 f/4 IS.

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been up in Scotland for the last two weeks. despite the weather we had a good time. took all my gear but didnt use much.
Although i love my 70-200 i find i dont use it much here in London but given open spaces its such a nice lens to use. even as a walk about.

These two are straight out of the camera as RAW files and converted without any adjustments in C1.

185928749-L.jpg

185928768-L.jpg

The rest fro the holiday is here (still uploading though).
http://davepearce.smugmug.com/gallery/3330510

Agree - it's a cracking lens. I've been using mine (non-IS) more & more recently and the quality of the pics are just excellent.

I actually find that i reach for my 85f/1.8 more if i need a longer reach than 55mm but i tend to carry the 70-200 around most of the time if i have a camera bag. just a shame it doesn't get used much.
I doubt i would ever part with it though. Bet its sweet on the 40D with its improved focusing times
:smashin:

Seems a mighty fine quality lens :thumbsup:

Nearly got one myself but opted for the 70-300IS instead

I'd say that about 80% of my photos from the Northern Ireland forum meet were taken with my 70-200f4L. Strangely I seem to have a few out of focus shots though. Never happened before with it, and it wasn't that dull...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom