• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Still lovin' the 70-200 f/4 IS.

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
Been up in Scotland for the last two weeks. despite the weather we had a good time. took all my gear but didnt use much.
Although i love my 70-200 i find i dont use it much here in London but given open spaces its such a nice lens to use. even as a walk about.

These two are straight out of the camera as RAW files and converted without any adjustments in C1.

185928749-L.jpg

185928768-L.jpg

The rest fro the holiday is here (still uploading though).
http://davepearce.smugmug.com/gallery/3330510

Tobers

Prominent Member
Agree - it's a cracking lens. I've been using mine (non-IS) more & more recently and the quality of the pics are just excellent.

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
I actually find that i reach for my 85f/1.8 more if i need a longer reach than 55mm but i tend to carry the 70-200 around most of the time if i have a camera bag. just a shame it doesn't get used much.
I doubt i would ever part with it though. Bet its sweet on the 40D with its improved focusing times
:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom