Still images from Video

M

mower racer

Guys, i wonder if you can help?

I need to be able to Video Risk Assessment and Standard Work Assessments at my place of work.

I then want to be able to freeze frame the video and produce a photo preferably in a jpeg format.

I have a number of options :-

1) We already have a Panasonic NV-GS50 Camcorder.

I have been download the Video's using Windows Movie maker. But i am unable to produce the still shots.

Is there any software that i can do this with?

2) We have been looking at buying a camcorder that records dirctly to DVD's. Are there any camera's available that will produced the stills in the manner i need?

Please Help! :thumbsup:

Thanks in Advance

Jason Huskinson

Jason,
You can take a photo of a particular frame in movie maker if your cam with the relevant file is attached. Go to File menu - record. Play your footage until you get to the screen you want to capture and pause. Under the preview window to the far right is an icon with a camera on it. By pressing this it will 'take a photo' in jpeg and bring up a destination dialog box. :thumbsup:
As for DVD cams, there are a few threads on he erring against such a purchase. :nono:
HTH,
Brum

What is the end use for your stills?.

Video grabs are very low resolution & whilst they would be fine as a backdrop for the likes of a dvd menu, or for bullet points at the end of your video, they are not really up to print use. They would be ok for email or web use.

If you get a camcorder with a stills facility, this may be a little better (if the stills res is 1 meg or more), otherwise it is probably best to take along a dedicated stills camera for the best results.

Would buying a low spec digital still camera be a better option ? The quality would be a lot better than anything you would get from a camcorder.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom