Still got an issue, appreciate advice.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by coopertrooper, Mar 22, 2006.

1. coopertrooper

coopertrooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I need some help.

I bought a Plasma TV at Christmas and I am really pleased with it. However I have discovered an issue with it, but I am not sure if this is just a plasma issue.

I have my contrast set around 48 and my brightness around 45 and the picture is great, however if I watch a program that has a static image on it for a period of say 15 minutes or if I play Buzz on the PS2 when I change channel or whatever I can still see the image for a little while afterwards, however it does wash out (without using a clearing program). Another example is if I put the menu system up for 2 minutes, then resume watching TV on light backgrounds I can still see an outline of the menu system for 30-45 seconds, but again it does wash out.

I am concerned about the longevity of this issue...

Is this a normal plasma issue? I can return the TV and buy a different one, but I really like the TV and dont want to change it if the next one will be the same.

It is a Samsung PS42S5H.

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Without sounding rude have you tried a search??

Search for 'image rentention' and 'screen burn' and you should find about a months worth of reading, if you can read very quickly! ;)

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Oh, and if you can change the TV and buy another one I would, there are far better ones out there.