Still Going Strong - Panasonic TX-P42G20B

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by leeroysilk, Dec 23, 2017.

1. leeroysilk

leeroysilk

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +19
      Evening and Merry Xmas to all.

Just logging in after a very long absence to see who still using the good old G20 or G30 plasma's?

I purchased mine from Richer Sounds in December 2010 and touch wood, it is still going strong and haven't had one single fault. Only last week I remembered how to access the amount of hrs the TV/Screen has done, currently is has covered just short of 5300hrs and just over 3000 on/off's.

That works out at just over 2hrs viewing time per day since purchase, so in reality it has had an easy life compared to some.

Compared to some of the more modern TV's I see forsale in all the local stores, I personally think this old girl will give them a run for their money, picture quality of course.

It has never been professionally set up, but it was something I was considering in the early part of last year, I still may have it calibrated in 2018, funds allowing.

Has always been set on THX for both viewing Freeview and using PS3 and now PS4, the new generation of games look the part on this TV, how do the new LCD/OLED compare?

All the best

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017