Stil Stand STUK2061BL

I've been looking at both recently, more swayed towards the Alphason though due to it having a much deeper depth internally of 410mm where as the stil is only about 355mm if i remember correctly.

That being said, i do really like the Stil.

I think the alphason looks like it is sturdier and better made and out of the two would probably be the better buy.

Looking around a few of the other posts on here I found a link to this which looks good: FurnitureinFashion. There aren't any internal dimensions on the website though and from the pics it loos like it may be shallower than the Still-Stand

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
I think Smurfin was looking at that stand too, but the shelf dimensions were not too great quite narrow and tight on the height.
Looks like finding the right stand is the hardest thing to choose from, at least you can go to stores to see and listen to speakers and amps

I'm going to order the Alphason after Christmas now just to see if there are any reductions knocking around

That stil-stand is actuallu 45cm deep, not 35.5cm's.....:smashin:

I'm tempted by both these units myself at the moment.

The stil-stand is perfect for my needs, but is it solid enough?;)

Bonus with the stil stand is the cost...£199.99 delivered...bargain!!

The Alphason is £290, and the remote will not work through the wood doors, I guess?

Last edited:
That stil-stand is actuallu 45cm deep, not 35.5cm's.....:smashin:

I'm tempted by both these units myself at the moment.

The stil-stand is perfect for my needs, but is it solid enough?;)

Bonus with the stil stand is the cost...£199.99 delivered...bargain!!

The Alphason is £290, and the remote will not work through the wood doors, I guess?

Thats the external depth not the more important internal though, got it messured by paul at big av

So your telling me that the thickness of the back plate and front door takes up 9.5 cm's then???

You sure Paul got the right stand?

Thats what i said too, i will ask some other suppliers too i think as it does seam weird

Very weird indeed when after seeing the measurement diagram, the thickness of the bottom, top wooden shelf and inside glass one comes to 3.5cm's......:thumbsup:

See for yourself........

http://www.stil-stand.co.uk/techspecs2010/STUK-2061BL-___.pdf

Add the two gaps between the shelves and the 80mm under the cabinet and it comes to 421mm's.....

Take 421mm from the 456mm and that will give you the thickness of the two wooden shelves, and the one internal glass shelf.......35mm's......

See for yourself........

http://www.stil-stand.co.uk/techspecs2010/STUK-2061BL-___.pdf

Add the two gaps between the shelves and the 80mm under the cabinet and it comes to 421mm's.....

Take 421mm from the 456mm and that will give you the thickness of the two wooden shelves, and the one internal glass shelf.......35mm's......

Sorry had a read that a few times as to what you were getting to. Getting late for me :blush:

The only thing i can think of is that the back plate is not flush on the back but recessed inside.

I've emailed a few suppliers so wait with baited breath.

Good thinking....maybe recessed because of the cantilever stand section?

Let me know what they say.........:thumbsup:

Just phoned Stilexo in Pontypool, spoke to a lovely lady who said she will go to the warehouse and measure how deep the 2061 is.

Will report back....

Cool....thx :thumbsup:

Although, I'm now thinking about building my own AV rack, as I've been offered 6 metres of 30mm solid oak kitchen worktop for £200......

Working on a design now, and if your lucky I'll post some pics when I start it next Monday (if not before!!).......:cool:

Ok got the internals now.
Useable depth 395mm, width 460mm, height 345mm

so too small for my amp i think unless i get some right angle hdmi and power leads and some really short banana plugs

The Stil is supplied flat packed, so if you were prepared to modify the back panel, you may be able to gain the extra space you need?

I wonder if the canterleaver stand will still be sturdy enough if you remove the back panel though? Is it just fixed to the back panel for the middle section?

I think Paul means cutting a bigger vent/cable hole out of the back behind the receiver to help with the extra depth, but still actually having the back panel in place to help strengthen the whole rack.....:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom