1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stigmata - scenes cut from dvd?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mickrick, Aug 13, 2000.

1. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I saw Stigmata in the cinema and watched it again last night on dvd. I think I noticed a scene missing. It was one where Frankie assaulted the Nun on the train. In the cinema, I think she knocked the Nun over and when her head hit the floor of the carriage, it boke (her head) like a china doll and a sort of Albino guy stood grinning at her. It wasn't in the dvd version, so am I right or imagining things?

[​IMG]

------------------
    You tried and failed miserably. the lesson is - Never Try. Here endeth the lesson.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume you're talking about the Region 2 DVD?

I've had a look at the BBFC's site www.bbfc.co.uk and there does seem to be a difference in the cinema and video versions of 4-5 minutes.

No mention of any cuts, though, but of course that means nowt as the distributor could have cut it beforehand -or something!

Have a look for yourself. When you search remember to click on video and cinema sections.

A Phased Plasma Rifle In A 40 Watt Range®

My DVDs

[This message may have been edited by Jack Straw, MP]

[This message has been edited by Gary (edited 17-08-2000).]

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havn't seen Stigmata so I may be wrong here, but it sounds to me like you are confusing what you say with a scene from End of Days. That scene invlolvs the female lead (forget the character name) on a subway train when an albino guy comes over ,she hands him some money thinking he is homeless, then he says "He's coming for you Christine" (THAT'S her name) "He's gonna fudge, can you see him?" or something like that. She then grabs his arm and it shatters, his whole body shattering as well with a peice of his face rocking on the train's floor whilst he repeats "He's gonna fudge you"

At least that is what I think you are mistaking it for, as I say, I havn't seen Stigmata so that may have contained a very similar scene.

------------------
    "I dont know what the hell's in there....but it's wierd and pi*sed off, whatever it is!"
    http://www.ypcc.co.uk

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Jason is exactly right. There is no such scene in Stigmata. It is in End Of Days.

Neil.

------------------
    neil@dvd-debate.com