1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stiff Fabric

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by David_of_Surrey, Mar 19, 2005.

1. David_of_Surrey

David_of_Surrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    after the success of my first screen I'm going to make another , It will be of the same style, a rod top and bottom, and to store simply roll it up. This time I will buy some proper fabric.

What I'm looking for is some fabric (gain about 1.0) that is quite stiff to roll, eg I would say as stiff as a sheet of 80g/m paper, (when you hold the paper on an end it droops under its own weight around an approx radius of 40mm or so)

Does anyone have any ideas? apart from paper that is

Dave

2. David_of_Surrey

David_of_Surrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm wondering about tyvek or matt polyester plotter media, both are cheap, dead flat pretty indestructable and shouldnt wrinkle , any thoughts?

3. David_of_Surrey

David_of_Surrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm still wondering about tyvek, this is available a large rolls, has anyone tried it for a screen?

4. paul1967

paul1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    You would have to use the grey side as the writing on the white side of the tyvek. the widest I've seen is 1.5m.
    paul1967