1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sticky situation?? PWD6 stand

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JustCruzin, Jun 8, 2005.

1. JustCruzin

JustCruzin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm need of some help here. I purchased an RCA component board for my PWD6 :) which is bolted on to a panasonic display stand sitting on an Atacama audio equinox AV shelf (toughened glass). The stand appears to have somehow stuck onto the glass :eek: (I swear I never used glue or spilt anything).

Any attempt made to lift the screen up drags the glass up with it and currently I am too scared to lift it off completely for fear of severing vital organs ;)

Now you may all be saying why don't I get behind the screen. Well... if I was about 83% thinner and double jointed maybe I could... just about..

Has this ever happened to anyone else out there OR does anyone have any suggestions preferably without using harsh chemicals and crow-bars? Any advice would be very appreciated

Cheers

ARIF :cool:

2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,524
    I would get a spatula and go round the edges of the stand gently edging inwards all the way around the stand, that should do it.

Are you sure you didn't get too excited when you got it :D

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    or get a couple of burly mates round to hold the plamsa while you unbolt it, lift it off and fit board then bolt back on.........

4. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    You could try heating around the stand with a hairdryer. That should loosen up whatever has got sticky.

Steve