1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sticking them on AV stands....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AllTorque, Aug 11, 2004.

1. AllTorque

AllTorque

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the consensus that the av stand (e.g. alphason) should be wider than the plasma, or can it look ok with the plasma hanging over the edges? Where I'm planning my plasma to go, I think I could do with a smaller stand, however am worried the plasma will look stupid if it is wider than the stand.

Opinions?

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    My telly sits on a narrower stand and I think it looks really good but then I would be biased wouldn't I? :D :rolleyes:

I don't have a digital camera but I do have a crappy camera phone, soz for the poor pic quality. Next on my shopping list is a toss up between a decent digital camera or a HDD/DVD recorder.

See below for an artist's impression :D
    S.

Attached Files:

3. admerial

admerial

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think that it looks best if the av stand is wider than the plasma. this helps to show your plasmas sleek look. in my opinion if your plasma hangs off the end of the stand it appears that one is too poor to get a good stand. whoever spends enough money for a plasma should at least get a good looking table. i would shop around, or if you want go with the option of hanging your plasma from the wall. this will make it be like a picture frame. the connection will be harder though, b/ you will have to cut a hole in your drywall. if you wish not to hang it on your wall i would go with a sleek wide av stand. a metal look can help compliment your plasma.

regards, admerial

4. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Have to disagree, I think plasmas only look sleek if you're viewing them end on. "Look ma, no depth" ;) Personally, I prefer the narrower stand look as I think this excentuates the width of the plasma screen itself with the width of the panel being the longest part of the ensemble. At the end of the day it's down to personal preferences and there is no right or wrong... would be a boring world indeed if we all had the same tastes. :D

S.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  6. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Thanks for the link hornydragon :)

S.

7. Seanjackdan

Seanjackdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I intend to put my TH37-PE30B Plasma ( when it arrives) on this stand..........

http://www.hifi4less.com/Alphason_AD5_47_CPB_5_Shelf_Hi_Fi_Support.htm

http://www.be-direct.co.uk/productDetails.asp?id=13310

........ as I have NTL Cable Box, Sony DAVS888, DMS-E55 DVD Recorder, and Video Recorder, to go on the 4 shelves underneath........

Alphason have said each shelf can withstand 60 kg.......

Do you think this would look silly, as it is not a wide unit - I personally think the black shelves would look really good with the black plasma TV on top ( even though it will obviously overhang ) .......

Sean !!!!!!!!