Sticking Pixels

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by paulrwebster, Mar 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. paulrwebster

paulrwebster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Last week, a row of stuck pixels appeared on my Toshiba 27WL46, about 5 millimeters long, near the top of the screen. The next day, this had spread to two pixels deep and about 15 mm long. Since then, various small straggly lines of dead pixels have developed around this so that the affected area is now about 15 mm long and 10 mm deep.
    I have tried pressing against the area with a damp cloth whilst turning the TV on. This has freed up a lot of the pixels, however I still have 30 or 40 stuck pixels affecting the area.
    I have tried running a flashing Red/Blue/Green video that is meant to help, whilst massaging the screen, this hasn't helped at all. Neither has rubbing the area with a pencil rubber.
    I am sure that there is nothing else that I can try, I presume that this sort of thing cannot be fixed by a repairer/manufacturer. Any advice, however, would be welcome.
    How can this happen, one day a perfectly good TV and then suddenly green pixels that spread? Can accident damage cause this kind of thing (i.e. my kids)!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: