Sticker in the middle 55Q70R

cesk

IMG_20200518_195541.jpg

I just bought the TV and there is a white sticker which I can't peel off - it is leaving sticky residue.

Is there a protective layer on that screen and sticker is directly on it?

There was a blue peel starter at the top left, but it came right off, no film was attached to it. Please help 🙏

Arnie S

Novice Member
View attachment 1301637

I just bought the TV and there is a white sticker which I can't peel off - it is leaving sticky residue.

There was a blue peel starter at the top left, but it came right off, no film was attached to it. Please help 🙏
I recently purchased a Samsung 55 Q80T and was dismayed to find a small sticker attached to the screen. Careful removal resulted in a “bubble” to the anti-reflective layer. Good job Samsung. NOT

Arnie S

Novice Member
View attachment 1301637

Hi- I own a 55Q80T and mine definitely does have a an anti reflective layer that must remain. I too had a sticker placed by the manufacturer on the screen. I was able to peel it off. Unfortunately, it pulled up the anti reflective layer a bit in that area in so doing. Nice job Samsung. NOT

Jay53

You mentioned it's created a bubble in the anti reflective layer? That's doesn't sound like the anti reflective coating.

Is it possible it's what's cesk found in their subsequent post as these TVs should all come with a protective film over the whole screen. I.e the protective layer is still there and wasn't properly attached to the blue triangle to aid with peeling the protective film off?

Arnie S

Novice Member
You mentioned it's created a bubble in the anti reflective layer? That's doesn't sound like the anti reflective coating.

Is it possible it's what's cesk found in their subsequent post as these TVs should all come with a protective film over the whole screen. I.e the protective layer is still there and wasn't properly attached to the blue triangle to aid with peeling the protective film off?
I purchased the set from Crutchfield and also contacted Samsung. There is a layer that is not to be removed. Crutchfield was quite definitive about this. Sets in the UK are not the same and have a film to be removed.

Jay53

I purchased the set from Crutchfield and also contacted Samsung. There is a layer that is not to be removed. Crutchfield was quite definitive about this. Sets in the UK are not the same and have a film to be removed.

Ok, that clears that up.

I wonder why they feel they need to protect them in the UK but not elsewhere especially if they are going to put stickers over the screen which on the UK ones are on top of the protective film.

s8ndo

Standard Member

that is wrong, there will be a film on the screen that needs removing. That is NOT the anti reflective coating

RealityDysfunction

I was about to write that th q80T does not have the anti-reflective/ wide angle film (which is why I bought the q80R, which does). Really annoys me that we get lower spec versions of what are (apparently) the same model in the UK vs US. I would have thought that cost savings are outweighed by extra costs in producing slightly different models for different markets.

OK, rant over, I would definitely trying to get a replacement from Samsung (if they put the sticker on). You could argue that the adhesive had already damaged the film. It should not come off as easily as peeling a label.

RealityDysfunction

that is wrong, there will be a film on the screen that needs removing. That is NOT the anti reflective coating
Are you sure? OP is in the US and the US model is different from the UK one. Not saying it does not ship with a protective film, I just don't know. Might be worth asking on (US based) AVS forums.

Mumid

Why would they put a sticker directly on to a fragile screen? I would not be happy about that

swats

Novice Member
There was a protective layer, but not attached to peel triangle.

Hello! I previously purchased the q8dt which had a film on the screen that easily came off along with the corner sticker. I had to replace that TV due to some glitches. But the replacement TV doesn’t seem to have a film? I tried peeling at the corners as in your video and it looks like the top layer of the actual screen that’s coming off, not a film. I’m wondering if I damaged the screen somewhat by doing this?

Attachments

• 8BC1FDA7-CCE5-4FD8-9B51-7559A7078E5F.jpeg
    8BC1FDA7-CCE5-4FD8-9B51-7559A7078E5F.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 1,040

Spenoir

Novice Member
I received a Q80T today and it had an obvious film that needed peeling off. Thing is, there is a small strip of what looks like film across the bottom of the screen. Maybe a 80mm tall. Had a little go at peeling but didn't want to push it. Anyone had this before?

WATTS

Hi,

I too have this on two Samsung televisions I tried to remove it as it’s clearly film but it doesn’t come off easily at all in fact I wish I hadn’t bothered.

do you have an update or anyone else’s her e is my pic.

it runs from let to right ove a tiny portion of the shiny bottom but I imagine to protect it from scratches.

many one help please Samsung are of bo help or anywhere else for that matter.

glad I found a user with similar findings.

Attachments

• E026BA16-4834-49BA-8C85-78F37046135C.jpeg
    E026BA16-4834-49BA-8C85-78F37046135C.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 287

Jester1066

Hi,

I too have this on two Samsung televisions I tried to remove it as it’s clearly film but it doesn’t come off easily at all in fact I wish I hadn’t bothered.

do you have an update or anyone else’s her e is my pic.

it runs from let to right ove a tiny portion of the shiny bottom but I imagine to protect it from scratches.

many one help please Samsung are of bo help or anywhere else for that matter.

glad I found a user with similar findings.
My Q95T has this. I've left it on as I was told by both Samsung & Richersounds that it's not meant to be removed

WATTS

My Q95T has this. I've left it on as I was told by both Samsung & Richersounds that it's not meant to be removed
Thanks. On one of the sets it was hanging off so now I’m left with the nightmare of knowing of the imperfection and I can’t do anything as Samsung will say it my fault and not do anything about it ***.

Jester1066

Thanks. On one of the sets it was hanging off so now I’m left with the nightmare of knowing of the imperfection and I can’t do anything as Samsung will say it my fault and not do anything about it ***.
If it's the bit at the very bottom of the screen that's lifted. I DID remove this, as it was part of the film that protected the button assembly under the Samsung logo. If you post a close up of the offending peel. I should be able to confirm if it's the same film

WATTS

If it's the bit at the very bottom of the screen that's lifted. I DID remove this, as it was part of the film that protected the button assembly under the Samsung logo. If you post a close up of the offending peel. I should be able to confirm if it's the same film
It’s the bit that at the bottom of the screen not on the under bezel part. Some of it has come off but it hard to come off and I don’t want to touch it really.

where my finger is it’s that 1cm that goes along left to right some of it is off you can see close up it’s film / peel but it makes it look tatty close up but in real person it’s hardly noticeable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 326

Jester1066

It’s the bit that at the bottom of the screen not on the under bezel part. Some of it has come off but it hard to come off and I don’t want to touch it really.

where my finger is it’s that 1cm that goes along left to right some of it is off you can see close up it’s film / peel but it makes it look tatty close up but in real person it’s hardly noticeable.
Is there any film on the actual Samsung logo (where the button assembly is)? I ask as it was this film that I didn't realise was present at first and only removed after it started to bubble up

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG rumoured to release 97-inch OLED TV in 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for Halloween 2021
  • By Mark Costello
  • Published
AVForums Movies Podcast: 20th October 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
PSB announces M4U 8 MKII wireless headphone