Question Stick with sky+hd or go for Sky Q ??

kev h

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have been off sky subs for a few months and bought new lg tv and thought i'd try and manage with a usb hdd and streaming but not going well and sky have started to call .....so was wondering whether to try for new sky q box or just a new sky+hd box(already offered me this to come back )

Seems to be lots of bad reviews of Q box but was this just teething probs ?

Also does it have fav channels on blue button now ?

Cheers Kev :cool:

Why do people not read thread titles near the top of this subforum before posting?

Thank you for your helpful reply:thumbsup: .... I did quickly browse but firstly was after a response to the blue button favourite channels and secondly just a general opinion at this moment in time of the 2 boxes...:cool:

Sky Q is awesome. I could never go back to standard SkyHD now. It would be like going back to the dark ages.

I used to use favourites on SkyHD, but don't bother on SkyQ due to the way it's laid out etc. The voice feature is superb.

Thanks Greg , have read that last update added a fav button as such but cant find anything on this added feature .... but maybe as you say u don't really need it due to to modern gui.
Good to hear it s generally good though :)

Thanks Kev :cool:

I have Sky HD but I have used Sky Q at a mates house, to be honest I was underwhelmed, not worth an extra £12 a month in my opinion.

I think Sky Q is excellent. It’s fast, well laid out and looks great. You can set up favourites. The touch remote takes some time to get used to and is prone to accidental touches. Well worth the upgrade imo.

As a platform Sky Q knocks all others into the long grass if you can afford it. The new packages are an improvement. The extra cost gets you a lot of stuff (UHD and Dolby Atmos to name but two) but only you can decide if it’s value for money.

Was interested myself but not with a 18 month contract.

What's the point of Q without multiscreen?
And if you were underwhelmed at your mates house, why bother anyway?

Four 1 hour simultaneous recordings will take 4 hours to watch. Where do people get the time to watch all the TV that they have recorded?

If they're from commercial channels then they'll take 45 minutes at most to watch..

I'll quite often watch a programme at 9pm on one channel while recording 2 or 3 others. They'll then get watched at 10pm or even the next night when there's nothing on at 9..

What's the point of Q without multiscreen?
And if you were underwhelmed at your mates house, why bother anyway?

I'm not bothering, I was just saying I can't see the big fuss. I thought it cost more too which apparently it doesn't however even for the same price I'm happy to stick with Sky HD.

My Q is now 90% full after 18 months and practically never gets viewed!
TJT1 is right.

My Q is now 90% full after 18 months and practically never gets viewed!
TJT1 is right.
That begs the question why record so much in the first place if you have no intention of watching it.

I might - some day!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom