Question Stick with my Panasonic 50DX750 or go for a 2015 OLED?

SimonHavfc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some thoughts and opinion on my question as above.

I have had my 50DX750 for just over a month and got it at a bargain price of £891. Overall pleased with the TV and using it with the Panasonic UHD Blu Ray player.

Only use the tv for movies and gaming as this tv is my man cave toy!

But.....

With the 2015 OLEDs available from Currys for £1999 I am tempted to return my Panasonic and enter the world of OLED.

Is this a good move?

I want to grow my UHD Blu Ray collection so want some owners feedback on the HDR performance of the OLEDs?
Next onto gaming, I play a lot of Destiny and The Division. Will I be safe with an OLED in terms of lag etc?

Or one final thought is to stick with the Panasonic for a few months and bag a better price on something like the DX902 later in the year?

Nothing will beat watching UHD blu ray on an Oled... you could take your own disc and player to a store with a model on display and see for yourself.

Didn't you put it up for sale? Is it faulty as doubt Curry's will take it back a month down the line (might be wrong though!).

Are last year's Oleds HDR compatible? I would hang onto what you have got and wait for the prices to drop. Don't know much about the Oleds but from the sounds of it they seem to come with a whole raft of issues as well.

I did put it up for sale but decided to hold onto it to see how it performs.

I have a return booked with Currys for next week as I have been working away they have agreed to push my return date back for me.

I think I am leaning towards keeping hold of it for now and look again later in the year when prices have hopefully dropped on something like the DX902 for example.

I think I found it easier buying a house than deciding what tv to go for!

The EG960 only does hdr over wifi & usb, not hdmi. :( Not sure about EF950? Anyone? Just found a post says EF950(flat version) has HDR over HDMI :) which are 2.0a ports and not 2.1 so won't support dolby vision hdr. :(

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom