Stick It To The Man

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since the other thread about May's PS+ game is more of a general PS+ discussion, I've created this thread to talk about the game.

I had a try of it last night and thought it was good fun. I liked the graphical style and thought the voice acting was good. The mind reading mechanic is a nice idea too.

The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the voices coming through the controller when you read minds. I normally game with headphones so I have the controller speaker turned off. You can't really do that for this game, since the sound from the controller is integral to the story.

I can see this being an issue with a number of games in the future, if the devs forget to cater for headphone players. Killzone is another game guilty of not allowing DS4 sound to be directed to main speakers.

I sent the SITTM devs a message about considering headphone wearing gamers and they've said they'll look into it. I'm sure I'll have finished the game by the time any updates appear, but nice to know they are listening.

I know what you mean about the mind reading parts. I ended up turning the subtitles on because I couldn't hear what was being said when wearing my headphones.

Since the other thread about May's PS+ game is more of a general PS+ discussion, I've created this thread to talk about the game.

I had a try of it last night and thought it was good fun. I liked the graphical style and thought the voice acting was good. The mind reading mechanic is a nice idea too.

The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the voices coming through the controller when you read minds. I normally game with headphones so I have the controller speaker turned off. You can't really do that for this game, since the sound from the controller is integral to the story.

I can see this being an issue with a number of games in the future, if the devs forget to cater for headphone players. Killzone is another game guilty of not allowing DS4 sound to be directed to main speakers.

I sent the SITTM devs a message about considering headphone wearing gamers and they've said they'll look into it. I'm sure I'll have finished the game by the time any updates appear, but nice to know they are listening.
Depends on your headphones.

If they are ones with a mic make sure you have mic volume turned up as the peoples thoughts come through as if it was voice chat.

Learnt this while playing the game with the new Gold Headsets.

I bypassed most of the dialogue after a while, or just pressed right on the analogue stick now and then to speed it up for the pure helium sounding novelty, or held triangle to bypass the cutscenes completely, as the sense of humour was just way beyond me... and a bit odd tbh.

Doesn't change the fact that the artwork and animation is some of the best I've seen outside of LBP. It looks amazing.

so is it worth downloading then?

Depends on your headphones.

If they are ones with a mic make sure you have mic volume turned up as the peoples thoughts come through as if it was voice chat.

Learnt this while playing the game with the new Gold Headsets.

Will give it a try, i`m using the new gold headset.

I'm actually really enjoying this. Used to be a big point and click player until modern games ruined my attention span. Thed dialogue via the pad speaker is incredibly stupid, I can't hear a thing even on full volume, had to turn on subtitles.

Enjoying this, great art style, especially in motion. The controller audio is odd, on other games it's loud, but on this when it's essential, it's quite subtle.

Finished this today just need to re visit it for the last few trophies - great game for free well enjoyed it

Started this tonight and enjoying it so far. Only thing that I don't like it the film grain effect, I don't like it in films and it has no place in games IMO. I did find a bug in chapter 3, I completed the chapter and got dropped off at home only to suddenly fall through the floor and reappear back at the start of chapter 3, with no way of progressing :nono:

Really enjoyed this, even the avoid the baddie sections, which I thought might get annoying. Only criticism would be it's a bit easy. Some nice puzzles, but you pretty much always had the right sticker for the job if you explore.

Finished the game. For free i'm very happy with the game. Not to hard but not hard enough if you know what i mean.
Just going back now making sure I've read all the characters minds & filling in the gaps for the trophies.

A thumbs up from me also, loved the visuals. Very easy though.

How many chapters are there? I completed Chp 3 last night. Like the style and visuals, but yes very easy so far.

I have to say I found this rather entertaining and very original. its a rare thing to find a game that hasnt in some way been over done before. I have to admit that on first run through I started playing this at stupid o' clock in the morning. Trying to keep quiet not to wake the house up, then BOOM the controller nearly gets launched through the window haha

Good one for remote play this. Not too many buttons and the touch screen works better than the DS4 touch pad I think.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom