Stewie Griffin R1 v R2

Zog

Established Member
Reaction score
I notice that the R1 release is quoted as being "DD 5.1" and "uncensored".

R2 simply as DD Stereo and several minutes shorter. Anybody know the facts?

Where did you see it was only Stereo? as the spec I am looking at says it will be DD5.1 and that it will include the uncensored audio track along with a commentary track, animatic comparison rounded off by a preview for American Dad.

Also, the time difference is probaley due to PAL speedup.

CDWow are usually good but they are not always correct, I am sure the R2 release will be 5.1 and it definitely includes the uncensored audio track as I have seen a menu screenshot with it listed.

Also, I have just checked the BBFC website and it lists Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story with a running time of 88m23s so CDWow definitely have the wrong running time.

If its the case that its in 5.1, then it will be a first.

Got all the previous releases and they are all DD2.0

Until the R2 DVD is released there is no way to be 100% sure but the R1 release definitely has 5.1 audio, at least according to the back of the case it does.

If you look on Amazon at the large picture of the case it says Uncensored on it. On Play it states DD2.0 which is what all the others have been. I can't imagine why DD5.1 would make any difference for a cartoon though !
Edit - there's a review of the R1 version in the DVD review section which says that the DD5.1 doesn't really add anything over a DD2.0 sountrack.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom