Stewart Studiotek 130 or Firehawk

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gozitanjoe, Oct 28, 2005.

1. gozitanjoe

gozitanjoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone highlight the advantages of the studiotek 130 (1.3 gain) and firehawk(1.35 gain). Which is white screen and which is grey (or they are both the same?) I am more concerned in bringing out the colours rather than the black levels!

I have a dilemma in choosing one for my SIM2 HT300e link? Any suggestions?

Rgds
    Joe

2. Si-coe

Si-coe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There Joe

Regards to the above, if you look on the sim2 forum you will find a lot of opinions between both screens, personally i prefer the 130 studiotek as most people do.

I am having, and i stress the word having to sell my screen do to the fact that my girlfriend no longer wants this in the house.

I have for sale a 9 foot electric all singing all dancing studiotek 130 screen, which i paid 4300 pounds for, so if you would like to make me an offer your more than welcome.

Just out of interest how much can you get it for now, thats presuming you are looking for an electric screen and also one that big.

Cheers Simon

3. gozitanjoe

gozitanjoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the offer but I want Stewart Luxus rigid frame 100" diag 16:9.

Should anyone have this on offer I will consider. However I am still undecided abt. firehawk or studiotek 130. What do I gain or loose between the two.

Joe

4. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +592
    I know Sim2 will recommend the Studiotek material as I asked them about it when buying my screen. The Studiotek 130 is a white screen with 1.3 gain.

5. Si-coe

Si-coe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NO worries joe, whatever you go for your going to be more than impressed with it.

Just out of curiosity, how much are the sim2 ht 300e going for now, as im looking at getting one, along with my 6 ft small screen

6. gozitanjoe

gozitanjoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bought mine 10k usd one month ago but should find better prices now. Mind you this is the link.

The non link version should be 8k or better approx.

Joe

7. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    If it was me then the girlfriend would be the one that is going :)
    If she is this demanding as your GF then what will she be like if you marry her :eek:

8. Si-coe

Si-coe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rigman you sound like a man in the knowledge, and your probably correct, im told the relationship is 50/50, sounds like it yeh, however its not game over it just has to be something smaller, ie from a 9ft screen to a 6 foot one.

I mean i just cant stand it any more, im currently watching a sagem 45 inch dlp, dont get me wrong but its just to small when you have gone from a 100 inch screen, and not just any screen a stewartscreen.

Im hoping you guys can give me some advise, i was running a sony vw 12ht lcd projector and was more than happy with the quality, infact some of the images i thought were stunning, i have now sold that to my dad (to fund for the sagem) and i really want a sim2 300e, cant stretch to the link.

Do you think i will notice much difference.

Do you simon take this stewartscreen to be your lawful wedded wife

9. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +340
    The firehawk, I believe, will give you better blacks, as this is what grey screens are meant for.

Personally, I don't like grey screens that much, but of course I haven't seen the firehawk. I got a Carada fixed frame with 1.4 gain material, which in a test was meant to be pretty much the same as the studiotek 130; I am very pleased with it.

Basically, AFAIK, the studiotek will give you good whites + brighter/punchier colours. Whereas, the firehawk will give you better blacks & contrast, but whites will not be as good as the studiotek, just as blacks on the studiotek will not be as deep as the firehawk.

Since you want to bring out the colours more than blacks, I would say the studiotek is definitely the one for you..

T.

10. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Si Coe
    There are a number of projectors you could look at as well as the Sim 300. The Optoma H79 is supposed to be very good and is only 3 grand. There is the Sony vw100 (Ruby) which is supposed to be excellent and is 1080p and will be available Dec. There is also the Sony H60 coming out. Ask in the DLP/LCD part of the forum as they are far more knowledgable about digital projectors. I have a Barco 808s CRT myself.

Sorry to hijack the thread

11. gozitanjoe

gozitanjoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My initial dilemma was between H79 & Sim 2 HT300e - seeing me in this forum means sim 2 won and I am very satisifed (poor) man. Choosing H79 would have meant I would be 6k USD richer!!

I also decided to go for the studiotek 130 since I am more concerned abt the colours rather than the blacks.