1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stewart screen drop adjustment

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mark rosser, Dec 15, 2003.

1. mark rosser

mark rosser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I am in the process of buying a screen and am interested in the Luxus Model A Electriscreen. The screen comes with a standard leader (black above screen area) of 12". This will drop the screen to low for my set up.

Having downloaded the manual for the screen, it appears the screen drop can be adjusted (I need it to stop at 7" which is within the tolerance staed in the manual).

However, NexNix have contacted Stewart and have confirmed that the tensioning will not work if the drop is adjusted, and a custom drop of 7" will cost another £515 + VAT!

Does anyone have any experience of this type of screen that could comment to either confirm or deny the 'adjustment to drop affects tensioning' staements I have had so far.

Thanks....

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Adjusting the drop from standard will affect tensioning. However, you may find that certain "drops" within your additional 7" might not. I would phone STEWART USA technical and ask them for their thoughts.

Gordon