Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Stewart Purchase

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TT9, Dec 7, 2003.

1. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings,

I am thinking about purchasing a Stewart Firehawk around the New Year. I am based in South London and was wondering if anyone had purchased and had experiences of dealers in the London area. Would like to talk to someone before parting with cash and ideally have even have a home demo of one should some kindly soul be willing to offer me this.

So who should I be looking to deal with ?

Thanks,
    Steve.

2. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi there, did you ever buy this screen? If so what do you use it with and what's is it like?

thanks for your time.

CaM

3. Russ

Russ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well I bought one from Gordon some time back (when he sold them- sorry Gordon) and am well pleased. It matches my Sony VPL-VW12HT in a light room and I believe it is a longterm investment for use with the new generation of LCD projectors (cant get along with DLP - LCD is the way to go in my book and the LCD technology threshold I have long believed would be crossed is happening).

Before I parted with the £££££Big i tried the whitepainted hardboard and Dulux grey paints but there is no comparison in my book.
    Mine is an electric (IR controlled) version and is hidden behind a pelmet. Impresses everyone who comes over !

4. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    thanks for the info :)

CaM

5. gozitanjoe

gozitanjoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Approx how much does the stewart 16:9 studiotek 130 cost?

6. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    That will depend on size and type (electric/ tab tensioned / remote etc) but as you probably know they're not cheap at all! If you were after a cheaper (but apparently not quite as good!)option look at Da-Lite Cinemavision.