Stereo/TV Audio Cabling...

LFCDanny

Standard Member
So I'm in need of some help. I'm fairly useless when it comes to audio cables so bear with me.

I have my stereo hooked up to my pc via the aux sockets ie. red and white cabling, and i also have my pc hooked up (although i need to swap cables every time as there's only 1 aux out set of red and white sockets on my stereo. Now my xbox 360 is hooked up to my tv via hdmi, so i am forced to use the adaptor that came with the xbox to hook up my xbox to my stereo (just adds a red and white socket to the xbox basically, because im using hdmi.)

I'm wondering, if it's possible to hook all of these up at the same time? and what cabling/adaptors/y splitters etc would i need to do so?

Here's a really bad ms paint drawing which I am actually very embarrassed about. It's my current setup. I'd like to not have to physically take the cables out of the stereo and swap them around everytime i want to use a different appliance with my speakers.

Any help appreciated :)

mrbenn

Last edited:

Jamie

Would your TV be always on when using these devices? If your TV has RCA stereo audio outs you may be able route all of the audio via your TV with a single connection to your stereo

I do something very similar with my samsung 32" LCD in the dining room, My PS3(HDMI), SKYHD+(HDMI), Sky+(SCART) and a Laptop PC (VGA+stereo) all connect to my TV and then the audio for all of those devices goes to my amp from the RCA outputs on the TV.

LFCDanny

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies people, looks like ill just go with the option mrbenn gave, seems reasonable. I don't know the model numbers of any of my equipment and as ignorant as it may seem im too tired at the moment to go check :D and i dont have an amp, its just one of those cheap and nasty argos all in one systems. Would upgrade but i'm strapped for cash atm.

So yeah thanks mrbenn and Jamie for your contributions :)

mrbenn

if you live near a clas ohlson they also stock the switcher unit.

you will also need an extra phono cable - fisual install series will be fine from av online £5 ish

Top Bottom