1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stereo through RF on Telewest digi???

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by andy76, Oct 30, 2003.

1. andy76

andy76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably a rather simple (and silly) question, but can an RF (i.e aerial) feed provide stereo audio?

I have Telewest Digital with a Pace box and though I usually use the Scart connections, I was using the RF connection last night and realised the audio was only being received by the TV in mono.
    TV is a Philips 24" widescreen.
    Scart feed is stereo though.

On a slightly different topic but related, I want to use the Digi TV with a TV tuner card in a PC - hence the test with the RF connection.
    Assuming my first question is as I found it how can I get a stereo feed into the tuner card?
    They all only seem to have RF inputs.

Thanks
    Andrew

2. whitcat

whitcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, the RF feed can only give a mono output.

Until my TV arrives, I'm watching Telewest Digital through a TV tuner card. It's a Pinnacle PCTVpro.

As well as the aerial in, my PC card has S-Video and Composite inputs. The S-Video isn't much use here, but you could get a scart to phono video + 3.5mm jack, plugging that into the soundcard. Scart to 3 phonos are easier to find so you could get that and a 3.5mm to 2 phono plug adaptor.

Another option is to connect the Phono outputs of the TW box to a hi-fi or similar and use these as the speakers for the PC.