1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereo speakers to match Denon

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers' started by sean in singers, Jul 12, 2005.

1. sean in singers

sean in singers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a denon 2910/2805 combo with Genie's. I'm looking to add a pair of dedicated stereo speakers. I auditioned the Epos M22's and Quad 22L's (I preferred the former, but to be honest I don't really know what I should be listening for having never owned a decent set of speakers in my life!).

I had thought about adding a dedicated CD player, but the guy at the store told me that the denon would be fine and just to add a new set of speakers at this time; does that sound like good advice?

Any other speakers worth considering? I could go with either floor standers or mini's. Music I listen to is pretty much 80/90's popular.

Cheers
    Sean

2. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    From my experience with the Denon 3805 I would try the Quad L series or the AE Elite series...

In a lower budget than those i think AE Evo series are a good match with the Denon, or KEF Q series maybe...

If you're going to buy a good sub try to keep to bookshelf speakers (just my opinion...).

Go and have a listen!