1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereo sky to second TV

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by shelfsider, Apr 1, 2005.

1. shelfsider

shelfsider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I currently have the sky wired to a second tv with standard rf cable running along the side of the house, however I just installed a home cinema kit on the 2nd tv and would really like to be able to get stereo reception on the sky in order to make more use of the new kit.
    Obviously Im gonna need an av sender but given that there are so many does any1 have any recommendations?
    The signal will only have to go through the ceiling/floor and Id rather not spend too much, although saying that I dont want performance to suffer cause I saved a tenner.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If you already have a TVlink on the RF connection how about just running a cable from the twin RCA phonos on the digibox to the second location, you can use the audio from the scart or a breakout scart/phono cable if you are using a seperate amp.

3. KERRYBR

KERRYBR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    digisender at argos works fine but slightly expensive

4. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Does the TV in the second room have a set of audio outs on it. If so use these. At lest any audio from on the TV should then go to the amp.

5. shelfsider

shelfsider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    the audio on the tv already goes to the amp but I dont have stereo on the sky and thus no pro logic, also there is no tv link in the second room.

6. GrahameD

GrahameD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    his has annoyed me for ages to. I know the sound is decoded by the Sky box.

I have a LoftBox and sky+ is available at any RF and satelite point in every room in my house.
    Problem is RF signal is mono on all but primary TV.

I wish sky channels remained encrypted in NICAM where domestic/freeview equivalents exist, Then any programmes on downstream TV's could be decoded by the TV in Stereo.

Digisenders only resend composite Video as far as I know, not RGB or even SVHS.

Only way I can think of is one of those FM transmitters like is used for ipod in cars, and a small FM receiver and extra shielded speakers by TV. Who remembers those external nicam decoders.

What we want is a loftbox or dedicated distribution/amp with audio nicam encoding or at worst fm stereo multiplexing . demultiplexing.