1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereo or multi channel, how can you tell?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by mobily, May 5, 2005.

1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey all,

I have just purchased keane's hopes and fears album on sacd and I am extremely pleased with the quality of the sound. However I would like to know how is it possible to tell when purchasing an sacd title whether it is multi channel or not?

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

James :)

2. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is almost always written (though sometimes in very small letters) somewhere on the packaging. Typically a blurb in alternating B on W, W on B, B on W lettering will say: CD Stereo/SACD Stereo/SACD Surround somewhere on the package.

3. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It's pretty difficult when purchasing off the internet though. For example I have the bat out of hell sacd, however it is the stereo edition and not the multi channel.

4. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's true, online ordering is a pain in this regard. Try SA-CD.net They detail almost every SACD in existence. They tell you if it's hybrid, if it's stereo only or also MCH. They also have links to some online retailers (not necessarily the cheapest, but at least it gives you possibilities. If DVD-A had a similar site, I'd probably have more of them too.