Stereo Linking

cvarley

Standard Member
Ok so I bought the "M-Audio BX5a deluxe" monitors. I currently have no cables for them and I was wondering how I'd go stereo linking them. I am intending to use them as speakers for my computer.

Any ideas on what I'll need and how I'd go about setting them up?

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
On the back of the cabinet is a connection labeled -

INPUT
TSR

This is either a standard or mini phone jack. I think a mini-phone jack on this model and a standard 1/4" phone jack on older models.

So, first it depends on what the Audio Out on your computer is. I'm going to assume it is a small mini stereo phone jack, similar to a headphone jack.

This conntections contains the left and right audio channels. You need to break that out into what I assume are two separate mini MONO phone plugs.

Again, I can't tell from the picture whether the connections are 3.5mm similar to mini-headphone jack or if it is a full standard 1/4" phone jack.

But you need a cable that is a STEREO 3.5mm mini-plug on the computer end, and two MONO phone plugs on the other end.

You may be able to find a cable like that described above, or you may have to adapt one.

You could start with a cable like this -

Parts-Express.com: Dayton 3.5RCA-6 3.5mm Stereo Male To RCA Cable 6 ft.

Which is a Stereo Mint to 2 RCA.

Then adapt the ends with which ever of these is appropriate for your need.

Parts-Express.com: RCA Jack To 1/4" Mono Plug Adapter

Parts-Express.com: RCA Jack To 3.5mm Mono Plug Adapter

This is a USA company, so it is for illustration only. But, it gives you an idea of the cable you need.

Stereo Mini Phone Plug on the computer end, and two mini or standard Phone plugs on the speaker end.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom