Stereo digital optical output breaking up. LG G26la TV

almiva

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm using a high end Cyrus stereo amplifier for sound from my TV - not capable of surround sound. This works fine when the sound comes direct (PCM stereo) from the Virgin 360 box or via analogue output from my Panasonic Blu Ray.

If I try to take the digital optical output from the TV the sound breaks up and if I try to take the optical output from the Blu Ray no sound comes through at all.

Cyrus have suggested that the TV output could have a high jitter rate. LG had no solution. I tried swapping the TV in case my original was faulty - no improvement.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm wondering if it's possible to put something between the TV and my amp that would clean up the signal?

From a quick search it looks like Cyrus use ESS Sabre chips, which is likely the cause of the issue. Please see the above thread, Cyrus may be able to make a custom firmware that changes the DPLL bandwidth so it won't dropout.

All down to really poor optical implementation by LG

From a quick search it looks like Cyrus use ESS Sabre chips, which is likely the cause of the issue. Please see the above thread, Cyrus may be able to make a custom firmware that changes the DPLL bandwidth so it won't dropout.

All down to really poor optical implementation by LG
Got in touch with Cyrus and they emailed me a software patch/firmware upgrade which has fixed it!

Once, again, thanks for your help!👍

Got in touch with Cyrus and they emailed me a software patch/firmware upgrade which has fixed it!

Once, again, thanks for your help!👍

No problem :) glad that thread was of help

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom