Stereo amplifier for Vintage Vieta speakers

Hataricus

Novice Member
Hello there,

I am fairly new to the audio world, but I’m a fast learner.
I listen mostly to music, would say 70% and movies 30%. I know you can’t have both without 2 separate systems which I am considering on the long run.
Current setup:
Front: pair of Vieta L’Accord Prestige 3-way 200W 92dB sensitivity speakers ( Vieta L´ACORD Prestige )
Center: Qudral argentim base S
Rear: MB Quart QL 502S
Amp: Arcam AVR300
Subwoffer: B&W PV1D - not in use as main woofers are enough for the small room.

The room is quite small: 3m x 5m where I have my Tv set up, couch and office desk as I work from home.

I listen via Airplay from Apple Music/iTunes. If I were to move to an analog stereo amplifier, the Apple Airport express has a decent DAC which I will be using ( it has bot RCA output or optical via 3.5mm ).

Main questions:

What power do I need to drive the speakers to their best potential ?
Are the 120Wpc from the Arcam enough ?
If I upgrade to a 200W transformer e.g. Bryston 4B and use Arcam preouts to connect to it, how big of a difference would it be ?

What amplifiers do you use with high wattage speakers ?

Anyone had/knows anything about these Vieta speakers ?
They sound detailed, fast and lively for me. Quite happy with them. Had them connected to an Onkyo TX-NR636 before, but with the Arcam they sound much, much better.

I am happy to use vintage stuff or used, as new is impossible to touch ( for me ).

Thanks for sharing,
Hata

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom