Stereo amp with (documented) network control protocol?

derfderf

Novice Member
I have a pair of speakers in a second room that I want to connect to their own amp and a small PC that will be used as a network audio slave for my main HTPC.

Does anyone know of any stereo amps with documented network control/status protocols (like Denons AVR protocol is), ~100W/ch?

I'm ideally trying to find:
* simple as possible - don't need any features at all bar the network control
* ~100W/channel
* small would be better
* documented network control protocol - can't have any app or software requirements to use it. Need to be able to control and read volume and standby/on at a minimum.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
So, you need to control the Streaming in one room and listen to it in the other?

Why not just select what you want in the other room?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Yamaha RN602 is 80w/ch, AM/FM, Bluetooth, Multi-Cast, Network Streaming, DAC-Optical/Coaxial/USB, Sub Out, PHONO In, etc.... - $600 -

Yamaha R-N602

That is about as close as you can get.

Specs from the Yamaha Website -

R-N602 - Stereo Receivers - Hi-Fi Components - Audio & Visual - Products - Yamaha United States

Steve/bluewizard

derfderf

Novice Member
No, I want to be able to control the volume and power state of the amplifier via network. In terms of audio input I only need standard stereo RCA.

I don't need any network streaming capability on the amp, only basic power and volume control (think AV integrator RS-232-type control, but via network). I will be connecting a mini-PC to provide all of the audio to the amp.

Also, at the $600 mark I may as well just buy a surround AV receiver with network control (e.g. Denon) ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom