Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Stephen Kings - The Stand

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by phlashman, Apr 5, 2004.

1. phlashman

phlashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I got this on DVD the other day. It's a new release 2disc of the 6 hour TV mini series.

I think the disc might be faulty but I think it might just be a really bad transfer. When there's lots of movement on the screen the images stutters and doubles up. It's fine when nothings moving fast and it ends when the scene cuts to a different angle.

Does anyone know what it is? I think it might be the studios transfer to DVD. Would I be able to send it back to the retailer? or should I send it to the studio?

Does anyone else have the DVD?

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,373
    Aside from the problems, is this worth getting? Is it any good?

3. phlashman

phlashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, yeah. The story is great a classic it's got Gary Sinise in (forest gump, green mile) but still has that "mini-series" look.

If you don't know the story it's about a virus that infects the US killing almost everybody.

I'd say get it if you know and like the book or if you've seen the mini-series before. If not leave it cus the problems make it almost un-watchable.