Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER (28 July 2017) Directed by Nikolaj Arcel

I'm already very worried about this. No issue with casting - quite the opposite - I just don't like the look of it. It's now what I've been seeing in my head over the years.

Went to see Spiderman at the weekend. Dark Tower trailer came on. The Mrs loved it. As I forced her to read The Gunslinger, and she hated it, that would seem to be a further bad sign to me.

The only real thing that gets me excited is the continuing talk of a TV series for Wizard and Glass. I am very worried this film will bomb and those plans will be shelved.

Hope to be proven wrong. Hopefully just a poorly cut trailer.

Still worried about this. I think the leads should be swapped for one thing - whats wrong with the Man in Black being black?!

Im worried about the kid being in it from the start too. Its obvious why.

Im worried about the kid being in it from the start too. Its obvious why.

Too much "Are we there yet?"

I haven't read the books and keep meaning too. Will definitely wait and maybe see the film on its own merits. Absolutely love the casting, McConnaughey and Idris Elba - awesome

The trailers have not done much for me, it just looks like Idris firing off a gun throughout the film, which could get boring, is there more depth and variety ?

Too much "Are we there yet?"

I haven't read the books and keep meaning too. Will definitely wait and maybe see the film on its own merits. Absolutely love the casting, McConnaughey and Idris Elba - awesome
If you haven't read the books, then stop commenting immediately, take a few weeks off work and catch up... A few things about the film might start to make sense [emoji6]

Last edited:
The trailers have not done much for me, it just looks like Idris firing off a gun throughout the film, which could get boring, is there more depth and variety ?
I'm not entirely convinced by the trailers either. Having read all 7 books (the 8th came out the month I finished the 7th [emoji53], but I doubt has any influence on the movie) I pictured the lead characters differently too.

However, having read Stephen King's take on the film and knowing how the books end, I'm quite keen to see how the film Pan's out... All bets/preconceptions are off, the Dark Tower is not a singular universe [emoji6]

If you haven't read the books, then stop commenting immediately, take a few weeks off work and catch up... A few things about the film might start to make sense [emoji6]
Hmmm I read them all ages ago. The kid being in from the start doesnt make sense!

Hmmm I read them all ages ago. The kid being in from the start doesnt make sense!
He may not be in it from the very start, but he's in the first book. How do we know he's in the film from the start? I've only seen trailers so difficult to tell what each character's timeline is.

The key thing to remember about the film is that it isn't a direct adaptation of the books, Stephen King has said this himself. This is why I am intrigued to see it, though I do think they've got the actors the wrong way round.

Thar be book spoilers.

Spoiler 1:
This is a sequel to the books so all bets are off.
Spoiler 2:
Jake is in the first book but dies. There's a paradox caused by events during The Drawing Of The Three, and he returns during The Waste Lands.

So it's OK right? What are your concerns exactly?

Run time confirmed by BBFC... At 95 minutes.

Yes, I know this isn't an adaption but with that run time my worry is turning into sheer bewilderment. Such a rich world, yet it has a running time less than Despicable Me.

Run time confirmed by BBFC... At 95 minutes.

Yes, I know this isn't an adaption but with that run time my worry is turning into sheer bewilderment. Such a rich world, yet it has a running time less than Despicable Me.

95 minutes??!! This thing is supposed to be an epic...

Think I'm going to ignore this one for a while.

Ruh ro

Hmmm, that doesn't sound good. Overzealous editor?

Unless the studio is super confident and having a short movie just to establish the world and its characters before they push with sequels... Or they're scared and cutting their loses?

As someone that hasn't read the book(s), I thought the trailer looked quite good. Don't think I'll go to cinema to watch though, can wait for it to appear on Sky.

Last edited:
All the eggs you can eat

Another film to look out for Easter eggs this time from the Stephen King multiverse

Tell me is it same in the books too?

Tell me is it same in the books too?

Yes - TDT is the center of the Kingverse - many other works are referenced and some characters in it are characters in other books by a different name. There is a 'map' of it all out there somewhere.

dark_tower_ver9.jpg
dark_tower_ver8.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom