Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER (28 July 2017) Directed by Nikolaj Arcel

d86856.jpg

The poster is incredible. I'm still concerned but intrigued.

At least with it being Sony the UHD will be good.

Have heard through the grapevine... slightly unflattering things about this. Which may explain why we still don't have a trailer.

New full length trailer possibly linked to US release of GOTG2

That trailer is complete meh for me and does not make me particularly hopeful for the future of the tower.

This is going to bomb.

An awful lot of shots of Idris raising his guns towards the camera. Still, looks intriguing, especially if they go mad with links to other King properties (Pennywise would be a great tie-in). As it's a sequel, I guess all bets are off.

Aha, just noticed that Pennywise is in there, look for 1:30 in the trailer.

I know nothing about Dark Tower so I have nothing to bitch about regarding casting, authenticity etc. The trailer looks intriguing enough, pretty big budget so it looks confident and some nice shots. With it being a sequel to the books I can't help but smell whiffs of franchise builder as well though.

An awful lot of shots of Idris raising his guns towards the camera. Still, looks intriguing, especially if they go mad with links to other King properties (Pennywise would be a great tie-in). As it's a sequel, I guess all bets are off.

this might cater for King fans, with his past & current works connected

Castle Rock (Hulu)

I think people are expecting it to be extremely close to the books, when in fact, you can feasibly argue that this is another turn of the wheel. The
Horn of Eld is within Roland's possession
at the end of the books, which means it's potentially going to be quite different.

I liked the references and in particular, the way that Roland can almost reload his revolvers at inhuman speeds (rolling across the belt, tipping in and catching the whole clip) and that the beams were clearly referenced.

Given that this is a new story, I won't be disappointed really - I enjoyed the books and was at peace with the way they ended (eventually!). Anything more is just a bonus in my opinion.

I haven't read the books, but that looks like it's a trailer for a serious remake of The Last Action Hero

Looking forward to this.

Know nothing whatsoever about The Dark Tower so will go in blind on this one.

Me to, have to say all the promo material so far has me less than excited. If it wasn't for the two leads I probably wouldn't bother.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom